guest who...

January 8, 2010

I definitely want my guests to leave their imprint in a non-traditional way for my wedding. In the past, wedding guests were expected to sign a guest book as courtesy to the bride and groom so that years into the future the couple could flip back through and reflect on their attendance (how they could do that by simply looking at an illegible signature is beyond me, but hey - that was the thing back then). In any case, I wanted to do something that was a bit more unexpected than a guest book, frame signing, or the now super popular wishing tree. Believe it or not, I found some pretty cool alternatives.



A vintage photo station would work out pretty well because the guests could take photos at their leisure and the bride and groom could later be surprised by all of the things that went on behind the scenes. I would love to have a dedicated station with cameras (a photo booth would be amazing, but unfortunately just as  expensive as hiring a photographer) or perhaps place an instant camera at each table and let the guests have at it.





I also love the idea placing farewell jars at the entrance of the reception (something great for the guests to do while they are waiting for the wedding party to finish pictures). Wit, wisdom, and wishes -How Darling! I love the idea of asking everyone for advice - whether they're married or not. I'd love to see what great things people might come us with, so it might be a condensed version of a jar that says, "Advice for Newlyweds"


 
A step up from the  w^3 jar  is the dirty laundry guest book concept developed by melangerienyc on Etsy. The idea is that each guest could reveal a cute, quirky, crazy, or favorite memory about the guests of honor - together or individually, which would be a great way to get guests involved during the reception.





The dj could read a comment after every few songs. Included with the kit is a customized detergent bottle, a laundry bag, twine, clothes pins, and adorable cut outs of clothing that guests write on and hang up in a designated area. Is this a great DIY or what? A Tide bottle template, and you're half way there...



And for the mackdaddy of all guest books - a adorable couple used a Mongstad and a lipstick station. I just had to share! Properly named the "kissing booth" it's pretty much the cutest thing ever.

 

I know that this mirror comes with wall anchors to secure it at the bottom to avoid slippage, but that would be out of the question at a venue. Perhaps tilting it without them would be okay- I'd speak with the venue to make sure.  This mirror was already on my must have list for our home because it's so versatile and adds instant chic to any space, but adding the lipstick, I could see it being a really awesome conversation piece in our first place!


Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!