sweet, vintage love

January 21, 2010

Since going into married life would require me to shake my "college chic decor" (yes that's what we're calling it), I'd imagine our future love nest as a mix of regency and mid-century modern, done tastefully and beautifully of course. I just love to thrift and dream. Here are some love thrift items that I've drooled over.



There is an A to Z thrift store in the area that had been calling my name for quite some time. This vintage beauty was only $200. Had I had a place to put it (and a way to take it home) I may have made it mine.




I loved the light hues of yellow, slate, and steel running throughout.  Plus, can we talk about the shape of this sofa? How classic. Even though it had a dominate pattern, I could see it working with a nice steam cleaning,  some down-filled pillows in the same shades, and a soft, creamy lamb skin rug below.




Oh Wassily, Wassily, how I adore thee. Even though this was clearly a knock-off I couldn't help but be mesmerized by the shape. The gray straps weren't by any means leather (they were vinyl, and it was obvious) but what can I say? I probably would've bought it for kicks and giggles (and sitting)  had it been cheaper than $95.





I could barely contain myself when I saw this dining set on Craigslist (thanks to Apartment Therapy). Truth be told, the chic potential on this one was so high that I simply couldn't contain myself. The whole set of 5 pieces were being sold for $600. If only I lived in California (bummer, I know). I'd recover those seats in a heartbeat and give that table some tlc for an adorable dining experience. Le sigh...

1 comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!