adding some pizazz

October 9, 2011

One day before I had to go to work I decided that I would fix up the living room a little bit so that it would start to look a little more like home.


I started by adding a slipcover one of our existing pillows. It's a cutie pie cover that I picked up at CB2 a little while back for a couple of dollars. The pillow cover really added some oomph to the sofa. I'm  loving the mix of all the different pillows (the sequined ones are my fav).


Side note, check out our coffee table! Yep, it's the slot coffee table from CB2, the one that I mourned here. Brandon and I stopped by CB2 the same day that we went to MODA, and lo-and-behold they were having a sample sale. Hiding underneath a blanket and a pouf was Slot, and I nearly flipped out! And the best part was that he was only $135 (originally $299). The best part was he was virtually untouched, so it practically looked brand new. I was delighted.


The next thing I did to the space was vacuum and lay down our two rugs from Urban Outfitters. I fluffed the seams so that it looks like one giant rug.


Then I started thinking, "What am I going to do with these ottomans?" It was my intention to place them in our walk-in closets, but when I got my Missoni pouf, that idea totally went out the window. I'm still up in the air about using one of them for Brandon's closet.  He actually refers to the vinyl as plastic (in an I-don't-really-care-for-these-ottomans) sort of way, so I may come up with something a little cooler for his space. In any case I figured that they could always be used as extra seating if we entertained, but in the mean time I didn't want the ottomans just stacked up in the corner. So I placed one on either side of the sofa to hold lamps. Then a light bulb went off (in my head that is).


Because the ottomans are tufted (and therefore not level) I added the square mirrors that I used in my old bathroom. It just worked out that they happened to be right size. Plus I love the idea of light being reflected back up into the room when the lamps are on. Pretty good for a temporary solution eh?


After creating end tables, I placed our Dolce chairs on either side of the coffee table. I'm thinking that I'll need to hunt down some new pillows for the chairs that are comfy enough to stay put when people are sitting up against them. All in all, that's all I really had time for this particular Thursday morning, so it's pretty good for now. But believe me, I have lots more in store for this space, so stay tuned.

1 comment

  1. the apartment looks fabuloous, love reuben (not really reuben)

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!