light collaboration

October 20, 2011

Have you ever had a crush on something  for your home but you could never find a place for it? Well, I've always been in love with the Knappa pendant, but I really didn't know where I would hang it. There's just something about the shape that's so classy to me. 

Insert the Jara shade that I had been meaning to take back (I bought it as a substitute for my Regolit lamp shade, but alas it was too heavy). I eventually decided to keep the shade and hang it in our living room because it's the only space in our apartment that came wired and capped. Then, while browsing after work the a few days ago I was greeted with this scene.



Suddenly, a light bulb went off in my head (no pun intended). What if I combined the shade and the pendant to make one light fixture, like a nod to a modern shaded chandelier?


+

=



So I tried it out! And I must say - they look as if they were MADE for each other. I can't wait to hang it (or rather, I can't wait for my hubby to hang it!) Because the Knappa comes with a plug-in light kit, I am now on the hunt for an inexpensive hardwired pendant kit so that it can be hung in our living room.  I was thinking of something simple like this.


Of course I'm excited to show you how awesome everything turns out when it's all unwrapped and installed.. Stay tuned for the madness!

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!