kitchen comparison

October 7, 2011

Today I thought I would share some photos of our new place. We still have lots of Home Depot boxes and IKEA blue bags (yes, we work for competitors) everywhere, but I thought it would be fun to show you some tidbits, starting with the kitchen.



Here's a shot of our kitchen just as we started moving everything in (notice the CB2 bags on the floor). 


Here is the frightening after.  Besides the phenomenal finishes, the cabinet space is way more generous than our old place. Honestly I'm not sure if we'll even fill every cabinet.


This is the kitchen a few days in. I made just a touch of progress so that I could finally cook dinner for my boo (our first meal was chicken stir fry). Let's just say that I played the box shuffling game to make that meal happen. Since that episode, I've slowly but surely been putting things away.

P.S. How awesome is it that we have pantry?
 

And I absolutely love the freezer on the bottom. It makes getting ice a little more special. Oh, and check out the computer monitor on the floor. His name is Dell. 

Funny story: No matter where he is, he's always facing down and away from everyone in the room - yes, like he's on punishment. Brandon, you should be ashamed...


Anyhoo, just in case you guys were wondering what kind of major upgrade this kitchen has been for my hubby and me, just check out our old kitchen. Tile-inspired wall-paper, silver mist appliances, laminate countertops (not that laminate can't be nice, ours just wasn't in the best condition), and 24" wall cabinets - okay I'm being generous, 22" wall cabinets, and no, the shelves were NOT adjustable. 


And the free-standing range on the opposite of our opening instead of a slide-in range was just blasphemous! Notice our attempt to cover it with old wine bottles.Oh, do I love life's little design challenges. I swear I spent the life of our lease trying to figure out why the range wasn't against the wall and the plumbing wasn't floated for sink. But hey, I sell kitchens for a living, so I may be a touch harder on this little kitchen than most people I know.

All in all, I can say that God is good. He has given us the means to move from an eighties apartment in the woods to a "deluxe apartment in the sky (movin' on up...)" We feel so blessed! My dream has always been to live and work in a big city, and I was finally able to cross that off of my 43 things. So what do you think?

P.S. If you haven't started a 43 things list, maybe you should too. :)

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!