two by two

February 23, 2011

While out with my mommy in-law on Saturday (yes, I was off on a Saturday...) I picked up some extra pillows for our Cooper Sofa in the sunroom.

Pillows one, two, and five in case you were wondering ... for less than $7 each. I've been hanging on to the other two quite a while. I bought them for around 4 bucks months before we moved. What can I say? I just can't resist a cheap chic pillow. I also bought some shades for two small acrylic lamps that I had been holding on to for a long time.


I was a little skeptical at first because I wasn't sure if I liked the shades, that's why hey're still sporting the plastic, but they're growing on me. The lamps are so tiny, and I kept thinking about "finding the perfect shade" - thanks to my decorative accessories class. You might wonder what they're sitting on. Brace yourself, 'cause you ain't ready!


Yep. It's true. But it's not just any box, it's the bike that my job gave us for Christmas. Yeah, my job gave us bikes for Christmas and mine is still in the box behind our sofa, politely posing as a glorified sofa table. I suppose I could cover it with some yards of fabric though. Do not hate.

So now for the reason for the title of my post. I rearranged our chairs one day after work, and I realized that there is an overwhelming amount of pairs in our apartment. It's like every piece of furniture needs a mate or something. Very Weird.


 Again, please do not hate. I'm working on my pair addiction. There has got to be a support group or something. The candle holders is just ridic! But to my credit they are different shapes of rock. 



Anyhoo, that's all for now. The first step is admitting the problem. I know that 3's 5's and 7's are much more lovely in a space, and I intend on working it out. Promise.

2 comments

  1. Your apartment is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually want one of those Vago lounge chairs for my sons room they could work inside too couldn't they or is that stupid? The price is just right in case he murders the chair.

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!