master progress

February 1, 2011

So naturally we are still in the process of dressing up the bedroom ,and with every step I'm getting closer and closer to the Sunny and Chic I had imagined. We recently changed the bedding, and I'm loving the color scheme. Before I show you, remember the whirly hanging lights that we installed above the bed? I've been asked a few times how they look when lit. Here's a peek. P.S. the cute little birdies came from CB2 (they are actually candle holders) but when I came in on day they were on the headboard smooching - that clever hubby of mine!


Of course above this is with the flash, so here's a shot in the dark.


Kinda hard to see, but you get the idea. It's a very cute and unexpected element - not to mention what some people have called quite romantic... Anyhoo, we finally changed the bedding, and here is what things are looking like now-a-days.




To be honest, I hadn't intended on keeping the turquoise lamps in the bedroom, but I think they do wonders for breaking up the almost monochromatic color scheme, so for now I actually really like them. When my mommy was visiting, she helped me hang the burlap drapes, but now they're almost looking a little drab, so I may revisit another solution. As for the birch lack tables, they are totally going as soon as I can figure out what alternative I would like. Here is what I picked out initially.

Glass Accent Table 25"


These beauties from Target are $89.99, but after some measurements I realized that they would be too tall for the bed. But I love the mirror side table look, so now this is what I'm contemplating:



Mirror F-table 18"x18"
This one is also from Target and at $99.99 it may just work. It's definitely a better height (only 1/4" taller than the lack tables. Of course I have to consider an option from work, but right now, all I can come up with are these:

Klubbo Nesting Tables
I think they would look cute nesting on either side, but I am considering the fact that I want contrast and black brown on black brown is almost overkill. Plus, even though they are less expensive (at only $79.99 for the set) I might as well save up a little more and splurge. Like what you see or have some suggestions, hit me up!

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!