kitchy

August 11, 2010

Because I work in the world of kitchens, I can't help but appreciate unique kitchen ideas when I see them. These images have been in my blog folder for a while now, so I thought to myself, "Why not share them with [you]?" Here are some cool trends that I'm currently loving.


I think open shelves are so cool and stream-lined. I really love them because they're honest and open. What better way than to force yourself to keep organized? Also, I can't help but feel a sense of rest with all of the horizontal lines. I definitely wouldn't mind living like this. In my world, Nexus blk-brn and lack floating shelves.


How about the lighting under the base cabinets? I'm diggin' it. I also love how the cabinetry is installed between two walls instead of being exposed on either side, the integrated look is forever in. And how about that custom banquette? Amazing. In my world, Abstrakt white, and Dioder lighting strips.


The red is a show stopper, and I can't help but be amazed by a whole wall of pantry cabinets (perhaps there's an integrated fridge?) The gray island takes the red fire and cools it down considerably. The thickness of the countertop is substantial and definitely makes a statement. In my world, Abstrakt red and gray could make this dream come true.


This rental is so stunning! I love how the cabinets are still very 80's but the addition of a nice rug, a beautiful print (how fitting), and an amazing chandelier this kitchen looks completely transformed and glamorous. Can we just talk about the chalkboard paint for a minute? How beautiful! In my world, Applad white and maybe some Nexus Yellow Brown decor strip.



So I don't know if these are drawers with glass inserts, or they are horizontal cabinets installed below the countertop (maybe the doors would be to heavy to hold up the doors if installed upside down, but hey, it's just a thought). In any case, I think it makes the kitchen very light and airy. In my world, Adel white or Stat white would definitely do the trick.



I just had to show you the wall stickers. If I had flat kitchen doors in my future kitchen I would definitely rock this. I know these aren't our kitchen accessories on the wall, but Grundtal, Asker, Bygel, and Kroken can turn any small space into chic storage. Also, I'm currently having a moment with apple green - so please excuse me. Who really knows how long it'll last? Stay tuned.

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!