pillow swap

July 13, 2012

This is the story of the day when I almost lost my ever-lovin' mind at Target. I like pillows WAY too much, and began to fill my cart with them. Look how beautiful they are!



After I filled my cart to capacity I stepped back and began to edit, because truthfully, I'm cheap, and there is no way that I was going to spend nearly $100 on pillows.


Here's what I made it home with - a fresh collage of pillows.  Side note: I really loved the flokati pillow, but it was a little too rich for my blood at almost $30. You see, I like to ball on a budget. These were all under $15.


Then I went home and began to play.  Here's an arrangement I tried, but decided against.  What's wrong with it? Well, nothing really, but I'm too in love with my tree of life pillow not to give it center stage, and it felt like the red one (though I love the texture) completely stole the show and the chevron pillow (from Target's current dorm collection, wasn't strong enough to anchor the arrangement.


Here's another arrangement I tried out. The tree definitely looks better in the center.


I dig these four on their own, too.  If  I was going to start all over with my pillow collection, this is how I'd build it.


I played around with Luna too, even though Brandon would never condone the usage of a throw pillow in his man chair.


Frustrated, I eventually gave up on adding new pillows to the living room. So it still looks like this.


But I did take some into our office for our Karlstad chaise. The striped one looked right at home.


I loved that it picked up the various blues and added a few shades of green, which set the stage for our new curtains. What curtains? The ones that I finally hung!  But they're so gorgeous that they deserve their own post. Stay tuned. xoxo - Rae

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!