light it up

January 12, 2011

So normally on my days off I like to work on stuff in our apartment (i.e. rearranging things, putting things away, hanging stuff up). Today, I wanted to focus on a nice, little update for the bedroom that I've been putting off for a while. The bedroom is still a work in progress, but I wanted to start small and knock out some of the little things. Remember this piece?





Why, it's the whirly hanging candle light from cb2. At $3.95 each, we can all afford to add a little sparkle!


So here is the before shot.





Five candle holders plus a roll of trilene, scissors, ceiling hooks, and a hammer, and you get this...


wait for it...


There we go! I suppose it took about 45 minutes to do this. Making the knots for the fishing line while making sure that everything hung at the same height was a tad bit challenging. Brandon hung the hooks ('cause I'm a little shorty) and I did the measuring / cutting / hanging.




For those of you who are wondering about fires, I am actually going to end up purchasing some "smart tea lights" from cb2 which have battery operated LEDs. They look like this -


The next thing on the agenda is to change our comforter and sheets (the new comforter is on standby in the closet). I've already hung new curtains (which turned out pretty good by the way, so I must share). I'll also be conjuring up a new idea for night stands - in case you were wondering, the Lack tables were only a temporary solution. So, more to come people, stand by!


Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!