making a happy holiday

December 5, 2010

It's our first Christmas as husband and wife and I couldn't be more excited! We went Christmas tree shopping and decided on a black pre-lit tree from Target! Now I know you're thinking, Rae, that sounds a little crazy, but you know us, we like to break the mold on a regular basis. Staying the with color scheme of the apartment - jewel tones, we wanted something chic and unexpected!  Here's a peek!


Please ignore the bookcase (settling in is such a slow and painful process).
But here is the tree in our sunroom (perhaps the last room in our apartment to get some love).


Check out our ornaments. I swear I was like a kid in a candy store.
I managed to find a perfect box of assorted ornaments for only $15.


We need to get an extension cord, but I think it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!
We got the star from Target and the tree skirt from Walmart, but it call came together so well.


It's amazing how different things appear without my crazy flash!
I hope you guys like it! I have some more holiday decorating treats coming up, so stay tuned!

1 comment

  1. Daughter, your first Xmas Tree in your first place.. It's beautiful...Mommy

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!