product holla back

February 1, 2010

True designers are masterminds when it comes to marrying function with beauty. The following are some of the coolest designs that have been hiding in my blog folder. To not be inspired by them would be totally criminal.


If I ever got a chance to design a school, this would be my go-to. This Solitaire Workstation by Alexander Lotersztain is a beautiful (not to mention incredibly and functional) piece of art.  Check out that storage space, and bravo for the letter "G" being so ergonomic!

 

The Globus Scriptorium by Hammacher Schlemmer is another desk in which I found myself quite impressed. It's so futuristic, and I could totally see someone walking up on it closed and being totally intrigued. It's so reminiscent of the egg chair, yet comfortable enough do your work and fold it up when you're done.  If you ask me, it's a win-win. 



This product combines two things I really love - houndstooth, and room dividers. Normally outfitted in classic black and white, houndstooth is definitely one of my favorite patterns, but in hot pink, I must say that it is truly divine. As for room dividers, this one made by young artist Courtney Scott really steps outside of the box. I think  it would be lovely to separate a little office from a main living area, or section off a sleeping area in a tight studio.

 

This Ribbon Coat Rack Hemal Patel is absolutely darling and so sculptural. I could see it in foyer accompanied by a mirrored console table for the mail and the keys in which we can never seem to keep track.  

  

Even the guy's restroom deserves a little spunk. The Spoon Urinal developed by Phillip Watts is literally changing the way the world looks bathroom design. I even suspect that guys would feel quite special after relieving themselves in something so unique (and probably mention it to a friend afterward). 



Of course I would love the option to zip up my seat, who wouldn't. The Flou Chair has been on my external hard drive for so long that I really couldn't find much about it, but we can however admire the love that went behind such a plush, creamy, cocoon-like creation. Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!