the other open bar

October 15, 2009

Because my fiance Brandon is an avid lover of fruit snacks, we mutually agreed that we had to incorporate candy into our wedding. After doing some research, I found that having a candy bar at the reception has become a huge trend. Colorful candies, playful containers, adorable decorations, and a touch of whimsy collaborate to form a memorable candy oasis that guests are sure to talk about long after the wedding is over! Here's what I found for inspiration.


1. Monochromatic colors make the biggest impact.
2.The added height and colorful sashes call more attention to the goodies.
3. Colorful lolly pops and a charming focal wall is nothing short of adorable.
4. An myriad of candy dishes keeps it interesting.
5. Framed quotes and a custom "Love Sweet Love" banner make it personal.
6. Simple goodie bags complement the table quite nicely.
7. An an assortment of colors keeps your eye moving around the table.
8. Candles illuminate the yumminess.

So I started thinking about where I could score some of these adorable apothecary jars, and lo and behold I found a lot full at my favorite closeout store - TJ Maxx.



Of course they were pretty inexpensive, between $5.99 - $12.99 a container. Yea!





Antique-treated glasses also caught my eye which totally screamed vintage chic.


 

These little cake dishes were adorable and so cheap - only $5.99 a piece!





Of course cylinder vases could totally work because I love the variance in height. And the best thing about all of this is that with containers this cheap, plus the cost of candy has the potential  to be an inexpensive diy project that will make a huge impact at our wedding. Just think of all the cute pictures! :)


1 comment

  1. I love this idea! Not only a smorgasbord for the sweetest of sweet-tooths, but a delightful visual feast as well!

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!