Quick and Easy Porch Refresh

August 24, 2020

Recently I was feeling nostalgic scrolling through my Google Drive when I came upon a cute little porch makeover that I had done last summer. Seeing as though we are all finding small ways to spruce up our home right now, I thought I would share this quick refresh with you.  



The recipe for a quick porch refresh:

A wreath 
  • This a dried door wreath from TJ Maxx that I scored on sale for $18.
A fresh door mat 
  • I grabbed this cutie up from Target for $19.99.
A ground planter 
  • I was lucky and found this succulent garden pre-assembled at The Home Depot for $16.
  • Fun fact - the piece it's sitting on is actually a $1 waste basket from The Dollar Tree.  
A planter box for the railing
  • I found this one at IKEA for $7.99 a few years ago and it has held up exceptionally well.
  • I filled it with six full-sun plants from Home Depot which ranged between $3 to $5 each. 
A coordinating color scheme 
  • I like that the color scheme sets the tone for what you'll experience once you've crossed the threshold. Our townhome is so traditional outside (and we can't change anything about our exterior because we have a strict HOA) so adding accessories on the outside really gives it some personality.


We can't change the color of our door, but bringing in bright colors and various shades of green made our sage green door feel more vibrant.  


I love this succulent bucket! Quick tip, this planter also does double duty by covering up the porch outlet. I made sure that all of the plants on our tiny porch contained plants that could receive full-sun a large portion of the day. The succulents loved it out there during the warm months. 


Now the bucket is about 1/3 full because I forgot to pull them into the house this past winter (face palm), but I can always add a few more singles to the fill out the arrangement! 


How adorable and luscious is this "buc" of "succs"? :) 


I really wanted the flower box to feel like a little garden so I varied the types of plants, making sure to select a few that would cascade down the side. I made sure to keep them on the same watering schedule as my house plants so that they were nice and hydrated despite being in the sun most of the day. It was fun to open the door and different flowers blooming every other day. Annuals are fun! 


The wreath could not have been a better match for the flower box! I love it!  

And if you want to try out something similar, here you go! 



Floral Wreath

"Hola" Doormat (I also love this Pillemark rainbow one)

Sommarfest 

Rustoleum Gloss Seaside (to dress up the planter box, of course!)

Succulent bucket

Wastebasket


As we gear up for fall I would love to give the porch another quick pick me up (because it definitely looks a little less polished right now). Any quick makeovers happening over at your place? I'd love to hear about them!

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!