Thrifty Thursdays - Ginger Jar Collection

November 28, 2018

If you were here on Sunday for my Thanksgiving tablescape,  you probably recall me saying that I would be back later to show you where my collection of ginger jars live in my home. Well, here ya' go! 



Since we've moved to this home, I've noticed myself gravitating more towards bohemian and Scandinavian touches. I love the warmth of wicker, so when this piece popped up at my neighborhood Goodwill for $19, I just HAD to jump on it. Also side note: Baby bug is such a trooper. She can get almost anything home! 





But then truth be told, I brought the wicker shelving unit home and it sat in my garage for nearly A YEAR before I decided what to do with it. I know, I know... I'm embarrassed to even admit that.



At first I contemplated spray painting it, but then there was something about leaving it in its rawest, most vintage form that really appealed to me. About a month ago, I was feeling particularly ambitious for a Saturday afternoon, so after a good 45-minute scrub down, I brought her in the house. My ginger jars had just been hanging around on a Raskog cart in our guest room - totally not living their best lives. So I thought I would be adventurous and see how they fit in the living room. 




I love the juxtaposition the boho storage piece with the more traditional accessories. When I attempted to fill it up with other colorful accessories that I had on hand, everything I tried felt too busy, yet nothing had quite the impact of this collection. Needless to say I'm happy with where I landed. 




Goodwill collections are the best, and this little area in my living room feels so warm and cozy now. I've been making a few changes in this area (mostly switching out side tables) so I'll have to circle back and show you what I've done. In the mean time, tell me... are there any thrift scores that you've made recently? Or maybe you're building a thrifted collection of your own? I'd love to hear about it. Next time, we'll talk about the other collection that I've been cultivating. Remember my small group of vintage glasses? It's grown ten-fold. :)


Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!