charles and ray

May 30, 2012

I used to think that I would have to wait a lifetime to own an authentic piece of designer furniture. In fact, I was pretty convinced that I might never have the gumption to throw down several hundred (or several thousand) dollars for the real thing. Then I went to Goodwill on Saturday, and almost fainted.


I saw this little chair and thought, "Oh, that's a really cute "white chair" for only $2.92, and in excellent condition. We could totally rock that chair in our apartment!" 

Then I thought, "Wait a minute!" and flipped that baby over.



Yes my friends, it was an authentic Charles and Ray Eames Chair dubbed "White Chair" for ONLY $2.92! I nearly fainted. I mean literally, my head got woosy and my heart started racing. I couldn't believe that...

1. a patron would give an authentic Eames ANYTHING to Goodwill 
2. no one at Goodwill knew what this chair was worth, and that
3. someone, somewhere in the cosmos wanted me to own it.

Right place, right time. God is so good awesome!

In case you might be wondering what something like this would actually go for brand new check this out. And though mine is not brand-spankin' new, finding one in such awesome shape - mine was just a little dusty, no real surface scratches - I couldn't have found a sweeter deal.


I haven't decided quite yet where it's going to live amongst our other things, but one thing is for sure - this chair will definitely be staying in the family! So what do you think, deal of the century, or what?


Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!