on an escapade pt. I

April 20, 2012

Easter weekend Brandon and I ventured off to Charleston, SC to get away for a bit. We had a blast just enjoying each other and relaxing. Of course I took some pictures of our little escapade... you know, just in case you were curious. 

We stayed in what I now like to refer to as the "way too over-rated Aloft hotel (a vision of W hotels)". If you've been reading my blog since the beginning, you probably remember me writing about it here. Well, the Charleston location sadly did not live up to all the hotel hype. Maybe as an independent hotel that would have been okay, but not one that is affiliated with the W, or Starwood for that matter. This was mostly due to the fact that the owners were simply not taking care of it. Furniture in the lounge and finishes in our room (such as the carpet and paint) were sporting that "we need to be touched-up / replaced look", and it just killed it for me. Lovely design, horrible maintenance. But I've gotta be a Positive Patty about my surroundings! Here are some of the design highlights. 


Fun, bright artwork


Full circle reception area (I dig the synthesizer applique at the bottom too).


Outside lounge area


Coil curtains


"Liquid lava" floor tiles in the elevator - my hubby noticed them!


Double-sided fireplace


Striped doors on sliding tracks to hide the alcohol while the bar was closed


L.E.D. lights under the bar



 Bright slot for the pool sticks.


Banquette seating in the lobby - disheveled of course.


Huge cylinder ottoman


Small, creamy banquette

But we didin't stay in the hotel the whole time! Stay tuned for part deux! :)



Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!