waterdream

August 29, 2011

For those of you who don't know, I have the best hubby ever. How so? Well, on my rare Saturday off last week, he took me on a design adventure. Where do you ask? Well, to MODA of course. For those of you who may not be familiar with MODA, it's the Museum of Design Atlanta in Midtown, and needless to say, it was amazing! Their special exhibit was Waterdream: The Art of Bathroom Design. Surprised that I was able to take pictures? Yeah, me too!


Long story short, 4 designers were asked to create their version of a dream bathroom for the exhibit, which focused on custom bathroom fixtures. Here's a sneak peak into what I loved about each of them.


Jean-Marie Massaud melded the four elements - water, air, fire, and earth.
I loved his sketches, and the 3-curve bathtub was nothing short of dreamy.


Patricia Uriquola's idea was to reference a time when we all had to fetch our water to take a bath. She played up the idea of integrated handles, and letting the user choose when to face themselves in the morning.


Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec had the brilliant idea of letting the user decide how he or she wants to use their fixtures. Think moving utensils around on a plate.



And for all you Philippe Starck lovers, here's my hubby sitting on one of his awesomely looking, yet freakishly uncomfortable toilet. I love a good toilet shot. Don't you? But I won't spoil the rest. You really need to check it out. Oh, and tune into part 2 of this post - MODA's brilliant marketing scheme for the exhibit. P.S. It's REALLY cute.

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!