stepping outside of the box

December 6, 2010

The older I get, the more the quintessential girly-girl inside of me begins to arise.  As a little girl, I was completely into handbags (mostly for their color coordination and utility) but the older I get, the more I find myself being infatuated by shoes. More specifically, the designer in me has become increasingly interested in how they can be stored. I did happen to get the walk-in closet in our bedroom all to myself, but alas cute shoes are hidden in boxes or casually lying on the floor. Hey, I know I'm not the only one with the dream of the perfect "Sex and the City" closet! Here are some cool shoe storage options that really have me wanting a closet makeover!







This one's more about presentation than idea, but I can say that it reminds me of a cool store display - Urban Outfitters even! Who wouldn't love to show off their assortment of colorful heels?


Now how awesome is this? It's called the Sole Mate which is a product created by Shannon Scovell. Reminiscent of a spider's web, shoes rest nice and snug against the wall until your next ground adventure together!


How about ornate moulding painted a funky color to showcase your favorite heels? This option looks so classy and I love the texure!

How awesome/appropriate is this? It's called the footprint by Charlotte Tangye. Just mount to the wall! Flip flops never looked so cute!




Feeling lucky? I totally threw this one in just for fun! It's called the shoe wheel and it's developed by Rakku. It even comes in smaller sizes for children shoes What a funny way to teach the tikes the colors of the rainbow!

1 comment

  1. I'm dying to have the Shannon Scovell sole mates but haven't been able to find where to buy it.

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!