holly jolly

December 5, 2011

I was so proud of myself this year. For the first time, I put the Christmas tree up right after Thanksgiving. Check it out!


This year we decided to place it right next to the tv. You know, for maximum exposure. Bedsides, that blank corner was definitely begging for more. Last year the tree was in the sunroom and we barely got to enjoy it.



Because the tree is black it has a pretty modern vibe, it coordinates nicely with our living room decor. I'm not really a fan of the traditional red and green Christmas, so colors like turquoise, lime green, hot pink, and purple are more of my style. Can't wait to finally start putting some gifts underneath it.


I also decided to hang our wreaths this year on either side of the sofa.
 

And our apartment complex had a holiday door decorating contest. Of course our door was our favorite.


I used green painter's tape and a bow that I purchased last year. It took me about an hour-and-a-half. Cheap chic, or what? Brandon and I decided not to spend any money on the contest because the prize was a $50 Target gift card, and if we spent any money it would just defeat the purpose of winning money. Ya know? The winner of the door decorating contest was a couple who wrapped their door, created a Christmas tree and presents with construction paper and a "Merry Christmas" header. Am I hating? Maybe just a little. (Shrugs) But shout out to the winners! Those are some pretty nice diamonds though... What about you guys? Any awesome holiday decor you wanna share? I love sharing! Send me some links!

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!