sweet november

December 5, 2011

Sorry that I've been a little MIA! I've been grinding so hard that I've neglected my little blog, but I'm back in the saddle and ready to share some more cool stuff with you guys! Brandon and I hosted our first Thanksgiving with the help of my fabulous mommy, and it turned out pretty awesome! We cooked up a feast, and I decorated like a fiend. Call me crazy, but I HAD to buy some fresh flowers for our place. It all started with a bouquet of sunflowers and an assorted fall bunch from Kroger.


 I bought little Ovantad vases to hold them, which actually turned out to be ultra cute.


Here is the the table (fully extended) before it was dressed for company.


Since I'm still on that "work with what you have" kick, I decided to use a runner that I bought in Target's 1 spot a long time ago. I also incorporated some bamboo place mats that were once used as Brandon's headboard that I designed in college (yeah, I was thrifty). Check out the texture through the acrylic chairs!


The disk tea light holders were also Brandon's from college. He was quite a mood-setter!


Here's the fam getting their grub on. It actually worked out great because all six of them were able to eat at the table, and Brandon, my mom, and I ate in the living room. Some might think that this was bad for conversation. But it's good to note that dinner was almost a completely silent affair. It's an old Southern belief that when it's quiet at the dinner table, the food is doing all the talking! Everything was delicious, if I do say so myself!



I also bought a set of PS candle holders. They're little ceramic links for an added touch of "decor swag".
The small vases with carnations are actually clear double shot glasses. Keepin' it classy!


I used my acrylic vase to make a little statement in our coffee table's nook.


The tv stand wasn't safe either! I topped it off with another shot glass, another Ovantad, and a glass gummy bear jar that Brandon got from the W Hotel. Recognize the mirror, Kelley? :)


All in all, it was so fun to sweeten up our little place, and I made a mental note that I MUST buy more vases. You can never have too many fresh flowers in your place. It makes your home feel special, and believe it or not, all of the assorted ones are still alive (rest in piece, sunflowers). They were all definitely worth the $14 trip to Kroger. Me thinks this will be an entertaining staple from now on. Oh, and thanks for stopping by! Hope your Thanksgiving was just as wonderful as mine! :)



Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!