see, what happened was...

July 7, 2011

As you may recall, our sunroom was actually coming along rather nice. Here's a trip down memory lane.



First it was home to a myriad of flat-packed boxes.



Then I found the steal of the century - a $99 brand-spankin' new Cooper sofa (originally $799) from West Elm. I also found some cheap pillows, and unrolled a charming, little rug.


Then, I thought hey - why not take the side tables from the living room, and create a coffee table of sorts for a nice pop of color. So it transformed into this:


I also saved a pair of Linus chairs from As-is (notice the tag still on in this shot) for $18 each - originally $39.99. I covered one with our faux lamb skin for some variation.


So yeah, it was looking a little like this. Still some ways to go, but a big improvement from September of last year. But now, our sun room looks like this:


A complete H.A.M.! And why does our sunroom like this? Well, Klamby DIED!!! And when I say die, I mean the bottom cushions disconnected from the frame, and the only thing that was keeping the cushion up was the bottom lining covering up the sinuous springs (from that description, it's not far-fetched that I work at a home furnishings store). I'll admit, the sofa was cheap - and apparently cheaply made (surprise, surprise- IKEA free-range) therefore I can't blame it for giving out. We only used it for lounging and watching tv. And no, we didn't use it for any hanky panky, so I guess it did all it could do until it could do no more. Naturally, the smartest thing to do was to move Cooper out of the sun room and into the living room. Klamby took it's place... upside down. Why? Because my husband swears he's going to fix it. Seriously, that was almost a month ago (insert skepticism here). But here's Cooper taking Klamby's place.


Yep, a little drowned out with the white cover and white end tables - we agreed to add the cover because we didn't want to risk discoloring the actual sofa with jeans, food, etc. Now it begs the question, what is a girl to do with all this white? I gotta work it out. Especially because I was going to choose a coffee table based on the black color of the Klamby. May he rest (or temporarily rest in piece). But it's not too much of a bummer. We do plan on moving in September, and we have yet to find a place in the city that's big enough for two sofas. And so another adventure begins!

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!