I can seat clearly now

July 18, 2011



 
Not sure if you knew this or not, but I have a real crush on acrylic furniture. Besides slobbering over the Adair coffee table on Overstock (by the way, I still haven't taken the leap on it yet), I managed to satisfy my acrylic craving by adding some new dining chairs to the mix. How much? Just $104 for the pair. The result? I'm pretty much in love with them. Now to be clear (ha, made a funny) I wasn't always scouring Target's website for these chairs. I pretty much stumbled upon them after search for a chic alternative to this chair:





Yeah, meet Tobias. And because Tobias was $99.99 (now on New Lower Price for $79.99) I just couldn't justify paying that much for dining chairs - even with my employee discount. So I scoured the net, hoping that I would come across something priced a little bit better (yes, less expensive than IKEA), and I found it. Yes, the chairs differ from the cantilevered design of the Tobias, but the "acrylic chair" aspect was the most important attribute to me. They also fit my budget and were very similar in shape to the yellow dining chairs that we grabbed from CB2. Check it out. Here they are, right at home.




I love the barely-there aspect of the acrylic. The material is nice and thick, but the chair itself is light and dare I say - architecturally honest! It's such a magical material. In the photo below you can barely even tell that there is a chair behind those candlesticks. How awesome is that, I mean really? I've also been thinking that I may purchase a second set so that we have enough seating for six when the table is extended. The yellow chairs would be so dynamic at the head of the table! Anyway, there you go, people! I'm lovin' it!




How about you? :)

1 comment

  1. You are too cute! Such a "punny" post! I love the chairs. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!