I'm definitely not ready to be a mommy yet, but as a designer, I have always wanted to design a nursery. But alas, the days of theme-y cartoon character nurseries are long gone, and new wave of design has hit the baby world. It's the concept of a chic, modern nursery.
Noteworthy features of today's modern nurseries include:
1. Removable wall graphics (think Etsy)2. A unique color pallet (no need to limit choices to pastels only)
3. A classic modern chair (new, knock-off, or the real deal)
4. Modern mobiles (abstract shapes and colors)
5. Animal skin (rugs, sheepskin, the softer and fluffier the better)
6. Chandeliers (a lovely element of aspiring maturity)
7. A beautiful, sleek crib that makes a statement
The transition from bows to butterflies is adorable :)
Love the fly-aways, and the color is electric!
Sheepskin and an Eames rocking chair, how could you not love it?
This was actually a closet, so extra cool points awarded for creativity! Plus how many babies do you know with a Bertoia chair?
So soft and sweet.
Chic baby in training! The contrast of the dark floors with the cream is beautiful.
Striped ceiling, Nelson lamp, modern mobile, the color black and what appears to be a junior Panton chair- this baby's room definitely breaks the mold.
Gender neutral at it's best!
"fragile" applique is pretty clever!
This color combination is like candy, and the lighting keeps it fun.
Hey, even babies deserve drool-worthy rooms. (And yes, the pun was intended.)