movin' on up...

August 16, 2011

That's right, after almost a year in our first little married-eighties apartment, it's time to look forward. My hubby and I are moving to the city and I couldn't be happier! For some reason or another, I've always wanted to live "in" instead of "around" Atlanta - call me the country girl with the big city dreams!

As for our new apartment, let's just call it a total upgrade. Here are some details that have me all excited.

  1. We'll be living on the third floor - with elevators!
  2. Virtually brand-spankin' new compared to our current place, so you know what that means - awesome finishes! Can't wait to use our new bathrooms, and they'll be so much easier to keep clean!
  3. Beautiful kitchen with stainless steel appliances, double kitchen sink, granite countertops. (I feel like a realtor whenever I say that).
  4. Nine foot ceilings - the closest to "loft living" that we'll be able to get right now.
  5. We didn't have to sacrifice a huge amount of space. Don't get me wrong, we are downsizing a little - no more sun room - but seeing as though we never got much use out of that space we're pretty much okay with it. We're trading the sun room  for a balcony, which should be pretty interesting to decorate seeing as though I've never done one before.
  6. Location, location, location!
Here's a sneak peak of the kitchen!

Can't wait to cook meals for me and my hubby!

And because I'll never forgive myself if I don't, I will definitely make sure that I take lots of pictures of our current place before we move out next month. Hey, I'm even planning a video tour - to capture the memories. And you know I'll share it all right here! I just need to get my ducks in a row, clean up, and start filming. :)

1 comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!