filling in the blanks

March 23, 2011

Today, I decided to be productive and finally hang up some things that have been accumulating dust in our living room. From day one this landing space and pass through to the kitchen has been begging for some art and accessories.


This is where we "land" when we come into the apartment. The red compartments hold take out menus, mail, and our keys. It's also a little clock and wipe board where we write love messages and quips. I scored it during my internship when a nearby loft store was closing it's doors. It was free, and you know I'm all about free!


Adjacent to out landing area is the pass through bar to the kitchen. This space felt so blank, so naturally I decided to punch it up a little bit with some art and accessories.


Better, huh?


The letter clusters are my favorite. We scored them from BB&B! Thank goodness they came with a template for hanging. Otherwise I would have made holes all over the place.


I was a little hesitant about putting up my Rotera lanterns in our place simply because they were red, but with the message center nearby with it's red compartments, they look more at home. The black orb was a score for a few dollars at Pier 1.


Now I just need to hunt down some bar stools! :)

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!