W digs

February 10, 2011

So a few weekends ago my sweetie surprised me with a night at the W hotel in Buckhead. Needless to say, I was way more excited about the design than the luxury of staying away for the night. He knows that I love boutique hotels, and I've always love to experience the feeling of a uniquely designed space. Check out these photos!


The vanity was petite, yet so classic.


The toilet and shower area was so luxe. Don't worry, there was a sliding door for privacy. I am a HUGE fan of subway tile. Later we found that the little towel had the word "step" imprinted to prevent a "slip, fall, and bust your head open" type of situation because the tile was so slippery. Way to recover from a potential design disaster. Well played designer friend, well played.


This huge orange lamp was so delightful, and I loved the punch of color as soon as you walked in. A little secret - the inside of the chest of drawers were painted an aqua blue! :)


I loved the upholstered headboard! Another cool feature that I forgot to photograph was the ceiling. The dark headboard trim was actually mimicked on the on the ceiling which gave it more of the canopy feeling. Trust me, it was ultra cool.


Love the orange desk and the modern glam chair. Not to mention the broadloom was so much more exciting  than the typical brocade and damask that one would usually encounter in a hotel space. I would have loved to devise a cord management solution here since there were so many other great ideas for cords  throughout the room, but hey, it was nonetheless beautiful. 



 The dining area was my favorite. I loved the patterned chairs and the hanging pendant. The cord for the light was cleverly concealed within the chain, which was then tucked neatly into the box for the air conditioner.


 Ha! You can kind of see the trim of the headboard on the ceiling from the mirror behind the tv. The cords for the television were concealed behind the television and ran through the thick baseboard below. I also can't get enough of thick frames.


Here's B raiding integrated fridge and mini bar. Everything was so modern and chic. It is my dream to design modern hospitality spaces, and Brandon always seems to do something ultra sweet to feed my starving design reality. He's the best! Can't wait for another fine hospitality experience! Thanks, Boo!

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!