Thanks, I thrifted it! - Styling My Nightstand

February 8, 2020

So I'm trying something new. Instead of keeping my thrift treasures relegated to Thursdays, I thought I would switch up this series and call it - Thanks, I thrifted it! It's what I say most often when people compliment me on my home, or my fashion. :)  Today I'm sharing how I added style and function to my nightstand with items that are second-hand.


I managed to come across all of these items on 3 different trips to the Goodwill. Whenever I'm Goodwill shopping, I do my best to keep a mental inventory of what items I already have that I can coordinate with future finds. Black, white, and gold are classic together, so I kept that in mind while looking for great pieces.



First I came across this hand. I liked that it could serve as a sculpture on its own, but it can also hold my wedding rings and various bracelets when I'm too lazy to put them away. This hand was only $1.99 at Goodwill and has some decent weight to it.


Next I came across this cute Kate Roebuck "Haha" cereal bowl from Anthropologie. It was super cute, and I knew right away I could give it a home. I like that it's deep enough to hold my chunkiest necklaces when I'm getting undressed. Apparently this was a special series for Anthro, because I found identical bowls selling for $24 on Ebay. This bowl was only $2.99 at Goodwill.


The last piece I came across was this cute ceramic and brass faux succulent planter. This really serves no function other than for aesthetics, but I couldn't pass it up. This piece was just $3.99 at Goodwill (which honestly I thought was a little pricey, but I really wanted it, and I know that it definitely retailed for more probably at Target or Home Goods.)


All together, these items coordinate beautifully, and I think it added much-needed style and function to my bedside table. Add a few books, an agate slice (also thrifted many years ago), and a glass of water and you've really got some beautiful, yet functional Goodwill style. 


So what do you think? Not bad for less than $10 with tax, right?


What should I thrift next?

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!