happy home

February 23, 2014

I've been busy adding little touches to our home to make it more, well... happy. Adding accessories and rearranging furniture totally make the difference, and because I put myself on a furniture diet (I can't buy any more furniture because there is literally no more space) I living with what I have to transform our space into a truly happy place.



I took my grandmother's MCM chair out of the office where it had been wholly neglected and gave it a home in the living room. It definitely makes the space feel more eclectic with a vintage piece amongst all of our new pieces. It's actually the oldest piece of furniture I own and I love it. Eventually I would love to have it sanded down, restained, and reupholstered (perhaps a bright color like lime, hot pink, or orange tweed. You know me, I love color.) The pillow is part of the IKEA PS 2014 collection, and the new books were gifted to me by my lovely hubby for my birthday.


On Friday I went downstairs and bought two new house plants. This time I put rocks at the bottom for drainage! Check out my first attempt here. I also got rid of the orchid leaves in the first picture knowing that the plant was never going to re-bloom. No biggie though. I know how to cut it down next time. I replaced it with a cute, little leafy plant that should last for a while as long as I don't drown it. The combination of books on the coffee table were gifted to me by my Mother-in-law for my birthday, and my hubby for Valentine's day. Needless to say I have a lot of inspirational reading to do, and I'm truly excited about that! :)


If you follow me on instagram, you may have seen a version of this photo already! :) I bought the woven basket and stand from Goodwill, and the print and frame came from IKEA. For once I really like how this dresser in our bedroom is styled. Brandon calls the print "little hipster deer".


I other news, I'm still playing around with Caesar! Everything on this tray (including the tray) came from Goodwill. I've decided to start keeping our wine corks in our apothecary jars because they've simply outgrown everything I've put them in so far. What can I say? We consume a lot of adult beverages.


I've been adding to our little tea light collection as well. The light bulb, hedgehog, and modern home came from CB2 (my favorite place). Below you'll see them all lit up. The star and the turtle came from Goodwill, and the links are IKEA PS tea light holders that I got a while back.


I've also been contemplating where to hang some of my Goodwill artwork. For some reason I always have anxiety about hanging things in our place. There's something about making holes in the wall that make me nervous, especially if things don't work out. I'll get over it soon enough though. These pieces have sitting in front of the tv stand for a week now. I should really get on that already... Perhaps next to the Billy?


Oh, and Kroger never disappoints when it comes to the flowers. I sure do love Valentine's Day because the days following are awesome for buying beautiful budget blooms at a heavy discount. This is only about 3/4 of my bounty. I sure do love a good manager's special!


Okay, I think that's good for now. That's what I've been up to. What have you been doing to make your home more happy?

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!