new year

January 5, 2014

Happy New Years everyone! Hope you guys enjoyed / are still enjoying your holiday! Today I thought I would drop in before it was too late and share some holiday cheer! This Christmas I let Brandon choose the color scheme. This holiday's color was lime green!


Up close was sparkly and sweet.


I also added a couple of CB2 whirly candle holders with some curled pieces of cardstock.


Another new addition this year was a tree skirt that I made with two yards of fabric, and by "made" I mean wrapped around the tree. :)


Here it is all lit up.


When it came to gift wrapping, I brown-bagged it. Then I dressed each bag up a little bit of yarn and a gift tag left over over from our wedding.


But there weren't too many gifts under the tree this year because Brandon and I decided to do something a little different - a Christmas stay-cation of sorts.


The weekend before Christmas we gifted ourselves a wonderful, relaxing weekend retreat downtown at the Glen Hotel...


...complete with chocolate-dipped strawberries, champagne, dinner, and skyline views.


It was wonderful to be able to get away from the holiday stress and just enjoy my boo.


We spent Christmas Eve at my in-laws, where for the first time we participated in many awkward Christmas-themed family games (note the giant notepad below), but genuinely had a nice time. This is the third Christmas my mommy has spent with us in Atlanta, and we truly enjoyed having her here with the rest of our family.


P.S. She's still adorable!


For Christmas dinner which consists of just my mommy, Brandon, and myself,  I kept the table setting casual using a small centerpiece sprinkled with silver and gold. The mirrors were snagged from my parent's attic a while back, the votives came from CB2, and the tray and candelabra came from Goodwill. The plant was two dollars courtesy of, you guessed it, Kroger! Sweet, simple, and chic.


This year has been such an amazing blessing, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for 2014. I don't actually have any specific New Years' resolutions. I just want to work harder, play harder, and take it all in. I'm so thankful for this life, and I want to continue to live it to the fullest. May your year be full of positivity, risks, lessons, and success!  XOXO- Rae

2 comments

  1. Great pics... it looks like you guys had a great time. I've been promising myself that I would get away with the hubby for a weekend, but it just hasn't happened yet. By the way, your mom looks like your sister. Tell her I said, 'You go girl!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee!!! Yeah, my mom definitely looks my age. Hope I have longevity like that in my genes!

      Delete

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!