bedroom refresh

February 19, 2013

Just as the title suggests, our bedroom is in need of a little sprucing up. Truth be told, I never really had a complete idea of what I wanted our bedroom to be. Up to the moment it's been a little hodgepodge of things that somehow made it through the door. Bedroom decor has always been hard for me. It always leaves me thinking, "What means enough to me to make it into the place where we sleep?"

Anyhoo, this need for a refresh began when I decided to wash a our current comforter. As I lugged the comforter to the washer, my hubby suggested that we should think about getting another one because we had pretty much used the same one for two years (our current one was a much desired wedding gift from my mom). Then as I stripped away our pillow shams literally moments later, I noticed that my dog brother Versace' mysteriously chewed up the corner of our pillow sham during his last visit. Good timing 'Sace. Good timing.

Of course my hubby opened up a whole new world of possibilities when he said that we should get a new comforter. To me, I heard "It's time to pimp this room". Yeah, I have a slight hearing problem. To take our bedroom to the next level (on a modest budget of course) I went straight to Target.com. Check out my scheme  page.


A. B. C. D. E. F. G. H. I.

After a slight browse, I found something that I knew we could both love. I thought a geometric pattern would be a great unisex choice, and we both dig the color. In fact, our current comforter is yellow and gray, but this one is much more fresh and in your face. I like the current turquoise lamps in our bedroom, but we never had much else in the bedroom to balance it out. My plan is to infuse color into the room just a bit more. Fun accent pillows, a bold nightstand, why not? Here's a photo of our current space so that you have a frame of reference.



We actually already own the ceramic herringbone patterned lamps (I picked them up dirt cheap a few months ago) so I may switch them out for the current ones. I've also contemplated throwing in a couple of quirky accents such as the Nate Berkus tortoise shell (which I'm still slightly on the fence about because I want to see the color in person) and a giant cardboard deer head from Urban Outfitters. Oh, and how about that chair from Blu Dot for Target? Oh, be still my beating heart! If the price gets slashed just a little more, I may just jump on it for the corner of the room. So what do you think? I can't wait to get this stuff ordered! You know I'll keep you posted on the outcome!

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!