tropical vibe

February 25, 2016

So a few days ago, I mentioned that H&M was a wonderful resource for beautiful pillow covers. Well right now, they have an amazing collection available that is making me wish I was island-bound in February. Check it out! 





I'm really crushing on the toucan pillows a la #3, #8, and #13. They're almost awesome enough to inspire a living room refresh, but I'm going to admire them from afar because not only do I have another project that I need to start working on, I also don't want to fall down the rabbit hole of purchasing decor, and not using it right away. Case in point - my new fabulous palm leaf curtains! 



I actually purchased these babies from H&M as well back in January, but sadly they are no longer available. Apparently palm leaf curtains are pretty hot right now (search them on Pinterest), but the catch is that when I see them, they are almost always custom made. If you're diy inclined though, I found a decent price on palm leaf fabric-by-the-yard here. Where am I using these panels you might ask? Well, here's a sneak peek. 




I can't wait to inject some personality in our kitchen! It has nice finishes, and  the layout is quite functional, but the space itself kind of vanilla. I can't wait to see them up! I'm also contemplating on using a cute bench with black and white striped pillows. You catch my drift? Oh, and here's a quick sketch from my Bullet Journal.



I can't wait to get cracking on it. I'm probably putting the curtain installation on the "Honey Do" list for this weekend! Wish me (and Brandon) luck. :)

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!