Just wanted to stop by with a quick, little update that I did a while back! Besides Kitchens and Dining, I am also responsible for Children's IKEA, which is currently composed of 4 roomsettings. To tell the truth, this area needs a full overhaul, and I've been told to do the bare minimum until I can fully plan a remodel for the area (along with the Com-In manager, my interior design manager, the Children's IKEA manager, and the sales manager). Needless to say, it takes a lot of collaboration before we can begin something like this. Until that glorious day when I can say goodbye to the current roomsettings, I'll continue to make a few small updates here and there. Today's update is a focal wall inspired by the Torva Veggies in R94.
Here's the before:
Yeah, as focal wall, this one is pretty sad. Our team dubbed this room the "princess room" even though it lacked a princess vibe and rocked a veggie motif. This wall had to go. I had been twitching to get rid of it since I inherited the area.
Here's a quick sketch I made:
Here's the after:
Though not nearly as wonderful as a full remodel, I think it made a dramatic difference. I was racking my brain trying to figure out what to do. Then I figured a garden would be much more fitting for a room that focused on vegetable characters. To update this wall I used Slattahult poppy wall stickers (we actually have the same wall stickers in our kitchen), Fejka artificial grass, Smycka artificial flowers, and birch Ribba Ledges. How's that for a quick pick-me-up?
And of course I had to attach the grass to the shelves. Why, you ask? Because sadly, many of our customers feel the urge to pick up display items whenever they see multiples in a roomset and throw it in their cart - even though displays have a "display only" sticker on the bottom. I also tried to keep the grass out of reach of the children whose parents allow them to use the roomsettings as their personal playground. Overall, I was going for a somewhat 3D wall mural vibe - minus the princess. :)
On the small storage unit I ended up using a bit more grass, a flower indicative of the flower motif in the bedding, and a small carrot instead of the larger one.
I even added a little "awww" to the under-the-bed storage box. Truthfully, this is the only part of the update that didn't live well. The next day, these big veggies got ripped from the box and kidnapped. Yeah, tragic I know. I must say that Children's IKEA is such a challenge - especially when the rooms get torn apart EVERY SINGLE DAY, but I remain optimistic. I can't wait to redesign the area and create more sophisticated roomsettings with more versatile and realistic living situations. We may be a few months off from that, but I'm super excited for a change and an even bigger challenge. Lately I've been working on several kitchen redesigns so I can't wait to share them with you next time! Stay tuned!