Skip to main content

Q calls me Kreativ!!!

Many thanks goes out to my lovely design buddy Quintel of  URBAN PAINT. Check this design diva out! As one of my fellow alum, she is taking the design world by storm and has recently graced Charlotte, NC with her presence. Q actually passed the Kreativ Blogger award on to chic little me,  and I couldn't be more excited! Here's the award below!



I'm definitely flattered. When I started my blog, I just wanted to have a creative outlet for organizing all of the cool things I see and think about, so this a way cooler response than I thought that I'd ever get. As apart of accepting this award, I must also nominate other awesome bloggers who deserve a kreativ high-five. Much like Q, I have to get my blog-follow-game up, but this goes out to:


So thankful 
Christine Rivera GRD*BLG
head vs. heart
Ruffled
Design*Sponge
desiretoinspire 




More to follow... "insert pun"

As a rule of thumb, I also must share 7 things about myself:

1. I've been feeling very lackluster about my hair and I am seriously contemplating an edgier cut.
2. I must own a piece of turquoise furniture.
3. I want to eat at as many different restaurants as I possibly can before I die.
4. It's always been a dream of mine to work, live, and love in a big city.
5. My biggest flaw is that I put others feelings before my own.
6. I could eat sushi every day of the week.
7. I just purchased my dream car - a lime green 2002 Volkswagen New Beetle

More to come...

Comments

  1. Congrats on your award! As far as edgy haircuts go, asymmetry is always in. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! i too must own a piece of turquoise furniture and i'm a sushi looooover! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, have I told you lately that you rock? Because you do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do you want to make my day? Comments make me feel super special!

Popular posts from this blog

sektion launch

Hey Folks! On February 2, 2015 IKEA launched its brand new kitchen range called Sektion. Almost a year prior to the launch, I was chosen as the interior designer to represent our Atlanta store at the US Service Office. Along with Kim, our Sektion sales leader, and Erin, our Visual Merchandising planner, we created a beautiful department that kitchen dreams are made of.  Here we are below sitting on the famous concrete Klippan sofa. These ladies were amazing to work with! 

While there, I collaborated with Common Store Planning to create the layout of each kitchen in our store. When I came back home, I had about 5 weeks to and create all of the IKEA roomsetting documentation, as well as all of the official installation drawings and contract documents for city permitting. Fast forward a year later and there are 19 new kitchens in our store! Wanna see? Here are the ones in the kitchens and dining department. 
Brokhult / Ringhult, Grevsta stainless steel 





This one has a butler's pantr…

dining with a docksta

So I have been totally debating whether or not I need this table in my life. Sure it's "an interpretation" of one of the most recognized tables in history, but at $149 can you really justify not having some Saarinen worship in your home?

With that being said, I asked some advice from my dining expert Eddie at work, and he told me the structural integrity of a table that comes in parts is only sound as the person who spends the time to construct it. In other words, no wobble worries if you do it right! I think the Docksta would be a great starter table. Let's see how people make this simple little "nod to greatness" look adorable.

 I love the idea of some fresh pillows in the dining chairs. You can change them out seasonally. A chic lighting fixture would give the table some sparkle too.

 Ha! There goes that Stockholm Rand (which I am still loving by the way).  The chair legs blend in so well with the rug, that you can't help but notice the table base.

Black a…

decorators show house

In January I was approached with the incredible opportunity to design a space for Atlanta's most prestigious residential showcase for designers -  The Atlanta Symphony's Decorators Show House and Gardens. This terrace level bonus room was presented to IKEA Atlanta, and my managers thought that it would be a great experience to further develop me as designer, project manager, and leader. And you know what, they could not have been more right! At 26, this experience has made my young career. To quote myself in a conversation with my manager Michael, this has been "the most challenging, frustrating, exhausting, amazing, and rewarding project that I have ever been apart of! This was definitely an opportunity of a lifetime."  
Below are some before photos when we viewed the space for the very first time, as well as a few photos that are just a few finishing touches away from being complete. The planning took about Two-and-a-half months, the construction took about thre…